DIY: Elephant Art

Good Morning and Happy Monday! This morning, the Today Show revealed that Matt Lauer's 10th installment of "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?" to show that he is Namibia! So, just in case any of you are as excited as I am about this (and as excited as Nash who very intently watched the safari scenes this morning), today I have a quick DIY project for you:

Elephant Art
While geared more towards children art, I found this great project over at Sarah Jane Studios, and decided to put it in our walk-in closet. Elephants symbolize wisdom and intelligence and I feel as though it never hurts to bring a little more of either of those into our life. To make this piece of art, first I printed out a copy of the template from Sarah Jane Studios and then, using a copier, enlarged it to the size that I wanted.
 

Then, I cut out the template and placed it on a piece of paper from Michael's. I taped it down and then cut the paper down to size around it so that it would be easier to work with.


I then cut it out, traced the ear and the eye, and made them a darker color.


Then I took a frame I bought at Michael's over the weekend in their BOGO sale and framed it using a sheet of 8x10 white paper behind it. I'm not an artist, but I think it looks cute and I enjoy its symbolism. It's currently sitting on the dresser, but after I hang my canvas art this evening (to actually show all of you tomorrow) I'm going to also hang it on the same wall.


I hope each of you had as great as a weekend as I did - I got to enjoy time with Josh and the pup and got to spend time with a bunch of friends on Sunday when I hosted a small brunch at our apartment. Here are a few weekend pictures and a couple of shots of Nash - you can see how big he's getting!

The Most Delicious Quiche from The Pioneer Woman! The quiche wasn't exactly done before I set the table so you'll its empty spot in the brunch buffet picture below.
Ready for mimosas, sausage egg and cheese crescent sandwiches and some french toast souffle!
French Toast Souffle from the Jenny Steffens Blog.
This is one sleepy and cuddly pup!
 Here's to a wonderful start to the work week for each and every one of you! I'll be back later today with a 30 Days to Skinny... The Tasty Way! Challenge update, week in review and week ahead recipes! Stay tuned!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top