30 Days to Skinny... The Tasty Way!

It's officially November - aka the start of the Holiday season - and this year, I'm challenging myself, and all of you, to not succomb to all of the unhealthy eating that this time of year tends to encourage us to do. Inspired by one of my favorite websites, Skinnytaste.com, and Gina Homolka, the amazing woman behind Skinnytaste, I am bringing you a November challenge: 30 Days to Skinny... The Tasty Way!


For the next 30 days, I will be eating one Skinnytaste recipe per day, in an effort to fight back against the regular weight gain that occurs for most people during this season. Last winter, I got pretty serious about getting healthy and I got myself into the gym and started eating better in an effort to lose weight - and the effort paid off big time. I lost about 20 lbs and was in fantastic shape. And then the summer came. (Oops.) I've put some weight back on and I'm looking to lose that, plus some, and so I'm issuing this challenge to myself as well as to each of you.


Each week I'll release that week's food calendar and then the following week, I will update you on the challenges I was met with, any changes I might have made to the recipes, and what my total calorie intake was for each meal. Each week I will select one recipe to highlight here at Forever and a Recipe, but otherwise, I will be sending you off to Skinnytaste for the full recipe that Gina has listed there! Tonight, I begin the challenge with Gina's Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders.


I've never made these before, but they look delicious and I plan on serving them with Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Jasmine Rice and some broccoli. I've taken the chicken out of the freezer and put it into the fridge and as soon as I get home from the gym this evening, I'm going to prep these and toss them into the oven to bake. I can't wait to taste them!

I'm hoping that with your help, and this set meal planner for the month, I'll be able to stay on track and not lose sight of staying healthy this month. This week's recipe calendar is as follows:

Tuesday, Nov. 1: Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders
Wednesday, Nov. 2: Prosciutto, Arugula and Balsalmic Sandwich
Thursday, Nov. 3: Roasted Potatoes, Chicken Sausage and Peppers
Friday, Nov. 4: Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
Saturday, Nov. 5: Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia
Sunday, Nov. 6: Pollo in Potacchio

So, won't you join me in my journey? 30 days to be a little skinnier, a little healthier, and a whole lot happier! If you're joining me in this journey, please grab a button for your blog from the right and please do keep me updated. When it comes to weight loss, remember, there is always strength in numbers! Good luck over the next few days and Happy November everyone!

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top